Lodging / Travel
Submission Due Dates
- Special session proposals (see the call): March 31, 2014.
- Invited lectures, tutorials and scientific papers:
August 15, 2014.
August 24, 2014 (extended).
- Camera-ready scientific papers: September 29, 2014.
The special sessions, invited lectures and tutorials
shall be proposed using the SoC correspondence email
soc at cs dot tut dot fi.
The scientific papers shall use the electronic
You can submit a NORCHIP paper on the same portal.
For paper formatting instructions see the Authors kit.
- Notification of acceptance for the special sessions: April 30, 2014
- Notification of acceptance for the scientific papers:
September 8, 2014September 15, 2014 (extended)
- Final camera-ready paper due by: September 29, 2014
Please follow these steps for smooth submission:
Before creating a PDF
- Make all the corrections necessary and proofread your paper carefully
- Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document (see below); Times New Roman 10pt regular font is recommended.
- Proofread the paper again to make sure that no further revisions are needed
For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
978-1-4799-6890-9/14/$31.00 ©2014 Crown
For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-4799-6890-9/14/$31.00 ©2014 IEEE
Check and submit your final paper at IEEE PDF eXpress plus
To verify that your manuscript meets the IEEE
specifications, register to the
IEEE PDF eXpress
Enter 34720XP to the 'Conference ID' field.
If you already have an old account to PDF eXpress, you
can log in using that and just check your information.
Fill in the requested information and upload you paper for
checking. Often it is easier to have PDF eXpress to convert
the pdf from your source file (Word, LaTeX).
Leave the succesfully checked paper for collection at the
PDF eXpress site.
Fill in the IEEE Copyright Transfer Form:
We use the electronic copyright transfer form.
Please go and fill in the form and submit it.
Register to the conference
If not done yet, register to the conference in ConfTool.
When you are presenting a paper in SoC, you have to register as a fully paying delegate
(i.e. not in any of the free/pre-paid categories) to have your paper included in the
final programme, proceedings and IEEE Xplore.
As an IEEE policy, the papers by no-show authors will not be
included in the IEEE Xplore.
Additional pages on top of the 4 included in the regular participation fee
can be purchased at the electronic registration page
(up to 4 extra pages) for 100 euros each.